- What is PAN?
PAN is [Permanent Account Number]. It is 10 digit alphanumeric number given by the Government of India and can be called as Indian Tax number.
- What is PAN card?
PAN card is a pocket size laminated card, printed by the Government of India.
- What are details printed on PAN card?
In an Individual PAN card, Name, Fathers Name, Date of birth and PAN is printed. It also contains Photo and signature of individual. In a PAN, Name of the company, date of incorporation and PAN is printed.
- What is need for PAN card, when we do not reside in India?
PAN card is beneficial for all those Individuals (Non Residents in India) and foreign companies, who do not have any permanent establishment in India, if they have any financial connections in India, for example deposits, bank accounts, payments for service provided etc.
- What is the process to get PAN card in India?
You can avail our service to get PAN card in India. We will help you in completing the forms and documents and then submit your forms to the Government of India by hand for further processing. For Individuals, Click here to know the Process. Foreign companies, please write us for more details.
- Can we track progress of application, once it is submitted to the Government of India?
Yes, you can track the progress of application with the help of acknowledgment number provided to you after submission of PAN application.
- Can I get PAN card delivered at my address outside India?
Yes, Government of India will directly send PAN card to your address outside India.
- How long will this take for complete process?
We cannot guarantee time frame as this is purely a Government process. Generally, it takes 20-25 days.
- Can I get my PAN card number before my physical card is delivered?
Yes, PAN card number will be allotted to you in 5-7 working days after submission of PAN application to the government of India.
- Is there any Private agency who can process my PAN application and print the Card?
No, this is purely a Government Process and only Government of India can Print PAN card.
- What are the details that required to be filled in PAN application form?
You have to provide very Basic details like name, address, contact details etc. It may not take more than 5 minutes for you to fill PAN application form.
- What are Documents required to be attached with application Form?
For individuals, copy of Passport is mandatory. Click here for Details.
For Companies, certificate of Incorporation/ Registration is mandatory. Click here for Details.
- Do I need to get my documents notarized/ attested by Indian embassy?
For individuals, not in every case. Click here for Details.
Foreign companies are mandatorily required to get their documents attested by Indian embassy/ apostil.
- How much do you charge for Service?
For Individuals, click here. Foreign companies may write us at email@example.com to get our quote.
- Do I need to pay to the Government of India Separately?
No, government fees are included in our service charges. You do not have to pay it separately.We will take care of this.
- How can I make payment for service charges?
You can make payment of our service charges, via PayPal, credit or Debit card.
- Do I need to pay annual charges for PAN card?
No, this is one time fee.
- Can I claim Income tax refund, if I have PAN card?
Yes, you can file taxes in India and claim Income Tax Refunds. You can file Income Tax Return only if you have PAN card. Click here to Know More
- Do you provide Income tax services for NRIs, foreign Nationals and foreign companies?
Yes, we do assist NRIs, foreign nationals and Foreign Companies with their tax matters in India. Please visit www. eindiatax.com for more details.
- How much tax will be withheld in India, if foreign company does not have PAN in India?
Taxes will be deducted at highest Rate, if foreign company incorporated outside India do not have PAN.
- Is foreign company PAN card processing more complicated?
We make it Simple for you.
- Can anyone hold more than 1 PAN?
Penalty will be levied upon you, if you hold more than 1 PAN card.
- What if I hold two PAN card with same number?
You can surrender old one to the Government of India.