Updation in PAN Card
What are the details that can be updated in PAN Card?
- Changes can be made on Name printed on card. It can be because your surname is changed after marriage or there may be same other reasons that you have made changes to your Name.
- Name of your Father printed on card, if it is wrongly printed on card.
- Your Photograph if it is not clear on card or any other photo is mistakenly printed on PAN card. As PAN card serves as an identity proof, Photo printed on card should be very clear.
- You can also update Signature printed on card, if it is not clear or if there is any mistake in printing.
- Address should be regularly updated in PAN card. If you are relocated to some place outside India and you have applied for PAN card at the time you are residing in India, or if you have changed your address overseas. Address is not a part of details to be printed on PAN card.
Why you should update your Address, even if it is not printed on card?
Although Address is not printed on PAN card but it is an important part in the Government Database. The Government of India should be regularly updated for any change in your Residence address. PAN card database is directly linked to Income tax department of the Government of India. It does not mean that you have tax file with them. But there are many times, that you have filed taxes to Income tax department and you do not receive any correspondence from them, or your refund Cheque is not delivered or wrongly delivered to your old address. In Short, address should be regularly updated in order to avoid any hassels coming in way.
Will you receive new card upon updation?
Yes, you will receive updated PAN card from the Government of India with all details updated as applied for.
You can proceed with Updation PAN card by Clicking Here, and making payment as per passport that you hold. You can also write into us at email@example.com for any further assistance.